We enjoy top tens here because it always amazes us at what inspires authors. Today is no exception. Let's take a peek into Tara's favorite top 10 romantic shows.
My Top 10 Romantic TV Shows
After making this list, I begin to realize why I’d cut my writing teeth with fan fiction.
1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer – I’m in love with both Angel and Spike.
2. Angel – Because of Wesley and Fred (*sniff*)
3. Dollhouse – I won’t give anything away, but the love story is swoon-worthy, and the show’s premise rocks.
4. Bones - Brennan is one of my favorite nerdy heroines, and having Angel *cough* … I mean Agent Booth around is icing on the cake.
5. Castle – A tall dark and handsome writer who solves crimes, played by Captain Mal (Firefly reference). Need I say more?
6. Heroes – Despite how it ends (and it’s relative brevity), the Sylar-Elle arc stayed with me long after the show ended.
7. Fringe – Olivia and Peter really had to work for that happily ever after, but I rooted for them all the way.
8. Charmed (The earlier seasons) – Because a witch and a White Lighter deserve to be together. We will not discuss the other couples…
9. Elementary - I can’t believe I’m typing this, but… If I wait long enough, I’m sure Watson and Sherlock will get together.
10. Grey’s Anatomy – It’s my guilty pleasure…
After being accused of espionage and treason, Zack Strong needs a forensic accountant to help clear his name. Not knowing who he can trust, this white-hat hacker has no choice but to ask his former best friend and math tutor for help. Together they unravel a cyber conspiracy at the Barn, an NSA facility tasked to intercept electronic communications. But as they traverse the nation’s capital to avoid capture, Maya insists on letting their simmering sexual tension take its natural course. Even though he’s never been able to shake the memory of their one kiss, he refuses to let her give up her life for a man with no future.
Globetrotter, lover of languages, and romance author, Tara Quan has an addiction for crafting tales with a pinch of spice and a smidgen of kink. Inspired by her travels, Tara enjoys tossing her kick-ass heroines and alpha males into exotic contemporary locales, fantasy worlds, and post-apocalyptic futures. Armed with magical powers or conventional weapons, her characters are guaranteed a suspenseful and sensual ride, as well as their own happily ever after. Learn more at www.taraquan.com
Social Media Links
One winner. Open Internationally. Ends 10/6. Void where prohibited.