Top 10 favorite movies1. The Fellowship of the Ring: Without this movie, I might never have read the Lord of the Rings trilogy. J.R.R. Tolkien changed my life.
2. Love Actually: My go-to, feel-good, can’t go wrong Christmas movie. I watch it every year, and sometimes in between.
3. You’ve Got Mail: Meg Ryan, Tom Hanks, New York, book stores. What’s not to love?
4. Pride and Prejudice (the 2005 version with Keira Knightley): The stark realism of the sets and costumes sets this version apart from all others.
5. Star Trek: This movie made me fall in love with Star Trek.
6. Galaxy Quest: This movie made me fall in love with Star Trek. (Hmmm, did someone just release the Omega 13 device?)
7. How to Train Your Dragon: Toothless and Hiccup will always hold a special place in my heart. I can’t wait for How to Train Your Dragon II!
8. Tangled: The most romantic scene I have ever seen…ever.
9. Dantes Peak: I’ll never be able to hear “Row, Row, Row Your Boat” again without getting the chills. But Pierce Brosnan makes it so worth it.
10. House of Flying Daggers: Romantic. Tragic. Beautiful. (Subtitles? What subtitles?)
About the book
Series: Souls of Aredyrah, Book #1
In the world of Aredyrah, things are not what they seem. An ancient Purge has plunged the island into darkness, isolating its cultures by superstition and fear. Dayn lives in the northernmost region of Kirador and knows nothing of the great city-state of Tearia far to the south. All he knows is the Kiradyns are the only survivors of a god’s fiery wrath, and he looks nothing like them. Meanwhile Ruairi, a prince destined for greatness, resents his Tearian obligations, longing for a life he can never hope to have. But when tragedy takes his beauty as well as his name, he finds himself exiled by the very beliefs he once held dear. Both boys long for acceptance in societies that cling to religious ideals, but when fate throws them together, Dayn and Ruairi discover some unwelcome truths: not only are they bound by blood and prophecy, but the teachings they have been raised on are nothing more than lies. Will they reveal what they have learned, risking their lives and the security of those they love? Or will they keep silent, denying their destinies and the future enlightenment of their world?
Buy the BookEbooks: Kindle | Smashwords | Nook | Sony | Diesel
Paperback: Amazon | Barnes and Noble
March 3Indie Hoopla Gala - Interview
March 4My Fae-void Demon - Review
March 5Indie Author How-to - Tens List
March 6Carpe Diem - Spotlight Foxultely Reviews - Spotlight
March 7Njkinny's Blog - Interview
March 10My Inner Muse - Guest Post
March 11A Saintz Dream - Tens List
March 12My Inner Muse - Review
March 13The Blood Flow - Review
March 14Hell Fyre Risen - Guest Post
Meet the Author
Tracy A. Akers is a former language arts teacher and an award-winning author. She grew up in Arlington, Texas, but currently lives in Florida with her husband, three naughty pugs, and a feisty chihuahua. She graduated with honors from the University of South Florida with a degree in Education, and has taught in both public and private schools. She currently divides her time between writing, lecturing, spending time with her family, and costuming at fantasy and science fiction conventions.
Ms. Akers has won numerous awards for her Souls of Aredyrah fantasy series for young adults. As a Florida Book Awards winner, she was acknowledged for her contribution to YA literature by the Governor of Florida during the 2008 Florida Heritage Month Awards Ceremony. Books One and Two of the Aredyrah Series are included in the Florida Department of Education’s 2008 Just Read Families Recommended Summer Reading List. In addition, Ms. Akers has been an invited guest author at major book events and writers’ conferences, a panelist at fantasy and science fiction conventions, and was on the steering committee for Celebration of the Story, a literary event held at Saint Leo University.
The Souls of Aredyrah Series is Ms. Akers’ first series of novels for young adults.
a Rafflecopter giveaway