Tens List: Favorite Movies of All Time1. The Man From Snowy River (At my house it’s The Man From Snowly River) - I love it because Jim is just the sweetest, toughest, most adorable hero ever and Jessica is the girl I wish I could have been. And those running horse scenes with the crack riders! Not to mention the music. Someday going to that ridge where their house stands is definitely on my bucket list.
2. Return to Snowly River - for the same reasons as number one.
3. Willow - because Brownies, and love potions, and handsome, wild man poetry spouting knights and tough warrior girls and strong devoted Nelwigs and beautiful Shetland ponies and magic and . . .
4. Prince of Persia - Destan and Tomina are fabulous together! They fight and then they kiss and then they fight! And by the end, they are both willing to give their lives for each other and for good! I love that! And he’s marvelously and yet half wildly handsome and then does all that parquet stuff! And she’s both beautiful and absolutely competent! Great movie!
5. The Princess Bride - This should be obvious—I mean, sword fighting and giants and cliffs and screaming eels and ROUSes, (I hate the ROUSes) and masked men and fireswamps and pits of despair and chocolate covered magic, with true love that cannot die. And the priest guy who marries them? Hysterical! Also, the sound track is fabulous as well.
6. Pirates of the Caribbean I - I loved the action and the beauty and the danger and the incredibly stupid humor! You gotta love those heroines that jump in and help save the hero occasionally. The only thing is, I probably would have stuck with Commodore Harrington on that one.
7. Pillow Talk - Holy funny! You simply cannot beat Doris Day and Rock Hudson with what’s his name thrown in! Stupid and brain dead and absolutely funny.
8. McClintock - Sometimes John Wayne gets a bit imperious, and I’d have left him too for kissing another woman, but he and Katherine Hepburn are so perfect together! And the mudfight scene and the chase in the undies scene! Great flick!
9. Church Ball - Funniest movie ever! Stupid, hysterical funny! That big, handsome man sitting down to dinner in those hats—priceless! Love this show!
10. Baptists At Our Barbecue - Funny, funny, funny, funny, and frighteningly, faintly familiar. Mormon’s can be dorks sometimes. I’ve seen it 10 times and still laugh at that stupid policeman with the traffic cones! And the talent show—isn’t that exactly how ward parties are sometimes? I’m probably the lady in our ward that does stuff like that. Scary. But bring tears to your eyes funny.
More about the book
Warrior's Moon Medieval Historical Romance by Jaclyn M. Hawkes Never in all the kingdom has there been a more brave and protective champion. Nor such a loyal and capable maiden. And they loved each other desperately. But is their love strong enough to withstand all their dark age holds—danger, feudalism, disease, and unfair oppression? Yes, they truly loved each other desperately. They loved their kingdom more.
Praise for Warrior's Moon
"This book has adventure, memorable characters, and tons of action. There is even romance! I absolutely loved it!!!" ~Laura (Goodreads)
"I loved this book! Great characters, I love a strong female lead. I really enjoy all of Jaclyn Hawkes books, but I must say this in one of my favorites!" ~ KMon (Amazon)
Author Jaclyn M. HawkesJaclyn M. Hawkes grew up in Utah with 6 sisters, 4 brothers and any number of pets. (It was never boring!) She got a bachelor’s degree, had a career and traveled extensively before settling down to her life’s work of being the mother of four magnificent and sometimes challenging children. She loves shellfish, the out of doors, the youth and hearing her children laugh. She and her fine husband, their family, and their sometimes very large pets, now live in a mountain valley in northern Utah, where it smells like heaven and kids still move sprinkler pipe.
Blog Tour Giveaway
$25 Amazon Gift Card or Paypal Cash Ends 2/23/14 Open only to those who can legally enter, receive and use an Amazon.com Gift Code or Paypal Cash. Winning Entry will be verified prior to prize being awarded. No purchase necessary. You must be 18 or older to enter or have your parent enter for you. The winner will be chosen by rafflecopter and announced here as well as emailed and will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter, Rafflecopter or any other entity unless otherwise specified. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. Giveaway was organized by Kathy from I Am A Reader, Not A Writer and sponsored by the author. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. a Rafflecopter giveaway