Friday, October 11, 2013

Review: Angel Burn

When one of the local librarians recommended Angel Burn to me, I almost didn't take it at first. Angel fiction and I have a rough history. I either like it or I hate it. But because she was sure I'd like it, I checked it out.

I'm thankful that I did. Now...onto the review.



My Review

Rating: 4 stars*

(*See my REVIEW POLICY page for explanation of ratings)


I was hooked pretty much from the moment I read the first chapter. None of the characters felt stilted or two-dimensional in any way.

The romance aspect (which, no matter what YA paranormal novel you read) felt a little rushed. However, I won't quibble about it because it didn't feel forced or thrown in for good measure. It went with the flow of the story and I was rooting for the two main characters, Willow and Alex, to succeed.

The author's take on angels and where they come from is very nontraditional and this appealed to me. I love writers that think outside the box. I finished this book in two days and felt the time spent reading was worth it. This is book 1 of 3 and I can't wait to read the rest.

Would I recommend this book? YES! It is worth the read. Would I read a sequel? *squee* Yes, yes, yes!!! Just ordered the second one from the library so that I can devour it like the first. At least, that's my hope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment