Monday, August 26, 2013

E-galley New Look: Wild Song

I'm getting a late start on my plans to introduce my "E-galley New Look" feature [read original post].
With that being said, here is my first review in this feature.

Disclaimer: This is not a paid review. I did not receive any compensation from the author or the publisher for reviewing this novel.

About the Book

Anna's lived on the island all her life. She knows no one else, apart from her father, her father's assistant and two faithful servants. But one day, a strange boy is washed up on the shore. He's wild and free. And he has the power to change everything.

My Thoughts

Rating: 3 stars


I received an ebook ARC of this novel via Netgalley.

This is the description given by the publisher, "This terrifically taut and short novel is targeted for reluctant/struggling readers or kids with dyslexia. The interest level is aged 13 and up, while it is at a 3rd grade reading level."

I have included the above quote so that what I say here makes sense. The novel was definitely short at 100 pages. The novel does read with its basic sentences and light plot as if written for a younger age group. That was one of the reasons why I had trouble with the characters' ages (around 16 & up). It felt strange reading that the main character was in love with two different people because of the writing style.

As for plot, it is really, really basic. I was left, at the end of the story feeling a little let down. I hope that a second book is written to finish out the story.

Would I recommend this book for its target audience? The answer is yes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment