Saturday, February 16, 2013

Lakisha's top ten favorite writing songs

Fast, slow, dance or rock - music helps my world go round and drives some of my intense scenes. These ten songs, no matter the storyline, always inspire me to write.


Kiss From A Rose (Seal) - I first heard this one from the Batman Forever soundtrack and was instantly smitten by the music video and Seal's voice. I tear up every time I hear this one, giving me an emotional boost to whatever scene I'm writing at the time.

Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman (Bryan Adams) - Thanks to the movie Don Juan DeMarco, I was introduced to this lovely ballad.

RESPECT (Aretha Franklin) - It's something everyone wants but people find so hard to give. And, since most of my characters are seeking this elusive item, I enjoy this song quite often.

Fight For Love (Elliott Yamin) - I'll say this about American Idol, it certain can turn out some good singers. Elliott may not have won, but his smooth vocals and sincerity win me over time. This song gets played a lot when my main character and significant other are going through some type of relationship bump.

Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely (Backstreet Boys) - This tearjerker stuck with me after the Backstreet Boys debuted it in the early 2000s. The visuals and starkness, as well as heartfelt singing, left an indelible mark on my soul with this song.

Save the Best for Last (Vanessa Williams) - One of the "aw" songs for me. The lyrics say it all for me.

You Raise Me Up (Josh Groban) - 'Nuff said.

I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues (Elton John) - We all have that moment when we're depressed because of a snag in our relationship, this song is a pick-me-up.

Grenade (Bruno Mars) & Private Emotion (Ricky Martin) - There's a toss-up for this place because these are both songs that touch places in my heart and spur some amazing scenes from me.

When Doves Cry (Prince) - Doves cry and so do I. This song always moves me.

You Are Not Alone (Michael Jackson) - Loneliness is one thing that we all fear. The motivational lyrics soothe and uplift at the same time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment