Saturday, December 1, 2012

Interview II: Fantasy Author Andi Katsina


What will you do if you have a time machine?
Go back to before the Industrial Revolution; encourage full-scale research and development into the harnessing of solar power to be used as a form of clean energy. Educate people as to the accumulative destructive nature of the global use of fossil fuels.

Why am I asking you these questions?
You have a great website; http://indieauthor-howto.blogspot.com and you give authors a nice chance of better exposure. I guess you want to give me a chance to reach my readers, and engage potential readers, with lots of fun facts about me, the author. Thank you Lakisha : )

If you were a Star Trek® [or Star Wars® ] character, which one would it be?
One of the Admirals in Star Trek, so that I could decide where we went traveling, I would then demote myself to captain and take charge of the Enterprise. Engage!

If you were written about in the newspaper, on the front page, what would the headline say?
Andi Katsina encourages us all to never give up!

If you could take five things to a deserted island, what would you take?
A group of friends.
Tripped out hi-fi equipment programmed with thousands of songs.
A computer with massive storage capability, solar chargers, and tools to fix it.
A sailboat with top of the range navigation equipment.
A way to purify the water for drinking.

Sing in the rain or dance in the streets?
Singing in the rain whilst dancing in the street.

If you throw a Blue stone into the blue sea what it will become? Sunken.

What
holiday would you invent to get a day off work?
Anti Pollution Day.

Do you like your handwriting?
Yep, nice and flowy, and kinda flowery.

Do you have a best friend?
Yep, a couple.

What are you afraid of?
Loosing the people I love.

Do you have quirky habits?
Nope.

What makes you unique?
I love life, people and animals, and have the most amazing imagination. I hope this does not make me unique and that lots and lots of people are just like me : )

Do you have nicknames?
And, short for Andi.

What is something you cannot live without?
My guy, RDA

What is the wallpaper on your computer?
Snow covered mountains; Apple Mac standard.

What music are you listening to?
Last week, Barry White, Judy Tzuke, David Bowie + Ziggy Stardust

What is the best vacation you have had?
Ibiza in my early twenties with my best friend, who I lost in my early thirties.

What is your middle name?
Josapha

When is your birthday?
23rd September

What will you do to celebrate your next birthday?
Not sure.

What is your favorite holiday?
To be truthful, I like any holiday, though not thanks giving.

Where do you live?
Constantly travelling, I currently dont have a home. Right now Im staying in Panama and will leave here in a few months, driving northwards through Central America.

What are your favorite foods?
Fresh fruit and vegetables.

What are some foods you dislike?
All animal products.

Have you ever gone cow-tipping?
What is this?

What's your worst pet peeve?
Don’t seem to really have any pet peeves, very easygoing.

Whats your favorite horror movie?
The exorcist was the most effective horror film I ever saw. A teenager, I was so terrified after having seen it; checked under my bed for months. Grew up a catholic, so you can imagine the impact of a film like that…. Not sure if Constantine is a horror movie, if so, I liked that. No slice and dice nonsense for me please.

Do you do dance crazy when no one is looking?
Oh yes, luv to boogey!

Do you like to sing in the shower?
Used to….

At the beach would you rather play in the sand, or play in the water?
In the water, I’m a water baby.

Do you think people should eat the fish they catch, or just let them go?
For heaven’s sake let ‘em go… go vegetarian; healthy mind healthy body!

Do you scream on roller coasters? Do you lift up your hands?
Scream yes, loudly! Lift up my hands, I think not!!

Pen or pencil?
Either, both get the job done, though pen if its important, as pencil can sometimes be rubbed away in a bag full of books and papers.

Favorite day of the week?
I always consider Sunday as the start of a new week, but I have to admit, I find all days pretty nice.

Do
you play a musical instrument?
Violin, recorder, accordion, screechingnone of them well!

Movies or TV?
Definitely movies, dont watch TV. Never watch the news.

Which storybook/cartoon character do you like the most?
Jungle book; Mowgli

What's the funniest movie you've ever seen?
Abigails Party.

Would you rather see a movie at the theater or at home on DVD? Why?
At home on DVD. Going to the movies these days seems like an over priced outing. The cost for a family is almost prohibitory, and if they want drinks, ice cream and popcorn on top… most working class families can not afford a trip to the movies anymore. I strongly recommend that the ticket prices be lowered, as well as the price of the snacks, which currently tend to exemplify monopoly status.

What's your favorite TV show of all time and why?
I can probably say, hands down, StarGate SG-1. This is the first sci-fi show which for me embraced not only sci-fi but adventure too; giving us really great sets both in the traditional ‘sci-fi’ dim lighting, and also glorious sunshine and daylight scenes. Additionally, many important social issues where addressed over the course of this series. The acting was great, the dialogue was excellent, the cast dynamics were very nicely balanced, and let’s face it, Richard Dean Anderson is an absolute Darling!

Do you prefer card games or board games?
Both are great fun.

You wouldn't be caught dead where?
In the line up to cast stones at people with different preferences and lifestyles to my own.

Name 2 things you consider yourself to be very good at.
Writing. Swimming.

Name 2 things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
Nothing springs to mind right now.

Do you have any hidden talents?Nothing hidden, what you see is what you get : )

Can you fake any accents?
French, Spanish, India, Irish, American, Italian.

What would you do if you didn't have to work?
Relax, big time!

Can you daydream at night?As long as that night is on one of the days of the week, I can definitely manage to daydream : )

What was your favorite toy when you were a kid?
I had a little orange Giraffe called Mr. Nobody, I loved that toy.

If there's anything more you'd like to know about Andi (though I think we hit the info jackpot today) you can reach her at


0 comments:

Post a Comment